March 7, 2010

Random

Here are a few pictures I took this weekend. I'm trying to "branch" out and take pictures other than my daughter and the sunset/sunrise, though I do still love to photograph them.

This is a plant in my kitchen. It's backlit through the kitchen window and was so bright it washed it out, which resulted in a really cool picture of the plant.



I hate photoshop. I really do. I would rather SNAP the perfect picture, rather than create it later. I do my best. The only photoshop I did to the plant picture was a crop.


This one is the railroad tracks by the deserted Georgia-Pacific plant. I drive by there twice a week and it looks so desolate so I decided to take a picture of what I see. I actually didn't like the result so I got down low. The funny thing is...I was wearing a skirt (taking pictures on my lunch hour) so I didn't actually get on the ground. I made my settings, lowered the camera and snapped away and came up with this cool picture.


After looking at the picture more closely, I wonder what was written on that track?

Again...no photoshopping here.